Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title says, I'm looking for recommendations on a heavy-duty tie rod for my 2007 JK. I'm running a Rock Krawler HD tie rod now and I need to replace it. I was wondering what other options I have for a reasonable price.

Thanks!

·
Registered
907 Posts
I run Synergy great TieRod , are you just looking to try something different than RK ?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Is this the new aluminum RK pro tie rod? Why are you changing away from it? I'll get the Synergy when my factory one bends, I'd do the RK if I could but it won't work with my REIDs.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not the new aluminum one. It's an older version..their HD tie rod. The ends have some play in them, plus I have bent it with much off-road use. Nothing major but the play in the end is what makes me need a new one.

I was looking around and Synergy was a thought since I just bought a new Synergy draglink. I was thinking about going with RK again but seeing the new one and how much it is, I think I may stick with Synergy.

·
Super Moderator
8,178 Posts
I have a T6 Aluminum custom tie rod.

·
Super Moderator
8,178 Posts
I've never heard of those. Can you elaborate?
A local shop fabs them (Letzroll in Mesa, Arizona). T6 is supposedly very strong. The benefit of aluminum as I understand is it will bend and "spring back to shape" before it breaks or stays bent.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
what about a DOM tie rod with heims? if you do manage to bend it or wear out a heim, all the parts are easily replaceable. I got my setup from ruffstuff, paid ~$125 iirc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts