Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With so many brands available how can one choose what's best? Looking to do a 2.5 lift however, I want to keep the ride quality of my 4dr Rubicon. I'm loving the stock rose quality. I looked into Mopar parts but they don't make a 2.5 lift and they are pricey as hell too... I was told by the stealership that if I proceed to do a lift, mods, etc that it will void my warranty. Of course they want you to purchase parts, etc from them but I already have them my hard earned money when I purchased my Jeep. Also, if I get 20 inch wheels with an off set of 12 instead of 10 how will that affect my ride quality? 35 tires of course.

But also, to keep some cost down I was thinking about keeping my stock Rubi wheels and getting 35 tires instead but the stance wide look will not be provided plus I kinda like bigger lips on wheels.. But that's just me I just want to be smart with my investment without going overboard like I did with my previous 13 JK..

Thanks!

Teraflex
Rubicon express
Etc etc ??!

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts

·
Registered
10,470 Posts
@chgofirefighter A coil lift will be higher than advertised unless your jeep has additional weight. Just to fit bigger tires and no future plans to upgrade, a budget boost would suffice.

Since your planning to add more weight, a coil lift is for you so read up on the link provided by kjeeper10.

Once you read up, you can determine what lift will best suit your needs. Everything will be based on budget of course.

·
Banned
2,660 Posts
It ain't cheap to run 35's considering the crap you have to do/install to make them work. No free lunch with a jeep.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am just guessing you may live in Chicago? I would reconsider the thought of using 20" wheels if you want ride quality, no sidewall flex. I am in Minnesota and picked AEV when I did mine, because I am mostly on the road with occasional trips in the northwoods. I run 37" KO2`s on 17" wheels. If you want a plush ride, the EVO enforcer kit is awesome. I have ridden in a jeep with their 3" coils, and it was a much better ride then my AEV kit. I will say that my on road performance with AEV is great, and I am hoping the ride will be a bit better once I put new bumpers with some added weight on it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am just guessing you may live in Chicago? I would reconsider the thought of using 20" wheels if you want ride quality, no sidewall flex. I am in Minnesota and picked AEV when I did mine, because I am mostly on the road with occasional trips in the northwoods. I run 37" KO2`s on 17" wheels. If you want a plush ride, the EVO enforcer kit is awesome. I have ridden in a jeep with their 3" coils, and it was a much better ride then my AEV kit. I will say that my on road performance with AEV is great, and I am hoping the ride will be a bit better once I put new bumpers with some added weight on it.
Yup, Chicago for life~ I've been debating the 20" wheels, the only reason I suggested 20" is because I like the a nicer lip on the wheel. But I am reconsidering my options. I was recommended a Teraflex 2.5 lift, however I don't know anything about which brand will do its job or which one will be the best choice. According to a Mopar parts rep he informed me that Teraflex is the one who makes all of their lift kits but then again I am not quite sure about his statement. "EVO Enforcer Kit?" What kind of kit is that?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never heard of the EVE Enforcer kits, can you steer me in the right direction? Thanks~

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
I went with the Metalcloak 2.5" Game changer, and like it.. Like others have said above, i also went with the front, and rear bumpers from MetalCloak which added considerable weight.

I also run 35" KM2's, but upgraded the front and rear axles a little bit.

I went with the RCV Ultimate Axles up front, and the Ten Factory's in the rear. Doesn't help with axle housing rigidity, but should help a bit. At lease until I get my DynaTrac's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts