Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys ever had any issues with RECON Lighting products? I ordered a Center Mounted LED Brake Light assembly for my 2013 JK. It is supposed to be plug and play and fit 2007-2015 Wranglers (as is the OEM part.)

The hardest part of the job was removing the spare tire. I popped the old one out by removing 4 screws and un-plugging the harness. I take the RECON assembly and go to attach the harness and it won't go on....won't even budge. I grab another mechanic (we work at a suburban police department's fleet division and are adept at mechanical repairs and lighting/siren issues with a fleet of over 1,000 vehicles)...he couldn't get it on either.

We then held the OEM and the RECON one together and the RECON unit has a thicker and slightly different shaped moulded plug. I called them up and they emailed me a return form but they are looking for me to foot the return postage and state that they have sold 75,000 of them and never had a fitment issue. I don't know what to say about that, but I would be glad for them to inspect my OEM unit for comparison.

The OEM unit is the one on the top with the yellow crayon mark

Thoughts?????

:rant:

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Looks like the bolts won't line up either. Can u trim the plug any?
I would recommend against trimming anything, it will just make them not take it back. Although I've never had Recon lights, I've known enough people with bad reviews to say that I never will have any of their products. Too many people I know have had problems all throughout their system including customer service, returns, fitment, and reliability.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like the bolts won't line up either. Can u trim the plug any?
It's brand new, at 99-bucks I am not trimming anything away....sent it back. Waiting to hear what RECON has to say. Looks like a production issue to me.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would recommend against trimming anything, it will just make them not take it back. Although I've never had Recon lights, I've known enough people with bad reviews to say that I never will have any of their products. Too many people I know have had problems all throughout their system including customer service, returns, fitment, and reliability.
I sent it back....what I didn't send back was the Interior light kit....I'm confused by that one too...because it's for a GM model but on the website says it is also for Wranglers..... I don't think they give you the correct bulbs in the package.... seems like I am going to be short the 2 map lights and have two extra larger bulbs.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got a refund to my PayPal account today. I must say, I am disappointed the products didn't work out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts