Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at buying these for my new JKU til I read the warranty is only 90 days and for $119.00 a set it's pretty pricey if they only think they're quality warrants 90 days from defects. I run Truk Lite products on my rigs and they'll warranty they're products for 5yrs.

So my question is anyone had issues with these lights having failure say in 2-3 yrs? Under normal use?

Recon Accessories: JEEP WRANGLER LIGHTS

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am looking to pull the trigger on these as well, will look great with the Truck Lites. I noticed the reviews from a couple of people....looking for good reviews as well (if anyone has any!)

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have read too many negative reviews on the recon. After the first few I was still going to buy them, but I kept reading and never found a review of a person with more than a year on the install. Even with their recommended resistors. I do like the looks of them and hope someone could disprove this.

·
Registered
34 Posts
This was going to be one of my first mods. I really like the look since my JK is white but there were just too many negative reviews and I never installed them..

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This was going to be one of my first mods. I really like the look since my JK is white but there were just too many negative reviews and I never installed them..
I agree I can't believe someone like Truck Lite hasn't come up with a plug and play product yet. Visibility as well as function is so much better with LED's.

Anyone found a viable alternative?

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
If you want the black look, just spray with VHT nightshades and call it a day. Mine look just like those. If you want that+LEDs, just buy a high quality LED bulb.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've realized through reviews and complaints that I'm not sure how Recon is still in business. Seems like a good product design and idea, but no customer support or warranty. Basically the new American way no service after the sale so to speak. I'm going to find a quality bulb that is bright and use the VHT product to smoke them. Would've rather found a plug and play deal, but obviously there is a reason no one has jumped on this bandwagon.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well...mine work great, turn signals and fender lights.

I even called them with a question and they picked the phone up.

Maybe I am lucky, I love em.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Well...mine work great, turn signals and fender lights.

I even called them with a question and they picked the phone up.

Maybe I am lucky, I love em.
How long have you had them. Most of the issues I remember reading several months ago seem to be a 6 month bench mark. I hope they continue to work, I would hate to see it be a waste of money for you.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ended up going with them but don't like how you have to tap I to factory wiring with resistor to stop hyper flash.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I've seen them in Person, and IMO, in the Bright Daylight of the Summer, they aren't Bright enough in Turn Signal "Mode".

You can get some LED's from V-LEDS that'll Blow the Recons away in Terms of Brightness.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts