Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the look of the Rubicon Recon side steps. I have looked and am unable to find them from a vendor, I’ve even tried Jeep / MOPAR specific sellers. Anyone know other than take off’s, is there any vendor that sells them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
try looking for "recon rock rails" maybe it will give better search results

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,882 Posts
$1,100? Hilarious!

I am working with a local welder and we are creating a weldable as well as a boltable version of the top plate to go on Rubi rails. My wife has slipped on the Rubi rails twice (she is 5' 1" with a 2" lift) and wants something with better foot purchase. Hope to have a prototype soon.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I love my Recon rock rails that came with the package. Quite handy but not too wide. The double tubes that came on my woman's Winter Edition offer no step function.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$1,100? Hilarious!

I am working with a local welder and we are creating a weldable as well as a boltable version of the top plate to go on Rubi rails. My wife has slipped on the Rubi rails twice (she is 5' 1" with a 2" lift) and wants something with better foot purchase. Hope to have a prototype soon.

Curious, keep us posted.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
LoD sliders are nice. I have a Recon and the sliders are ok but I had LoD's on my 2014 rubicon and they definitely are as solid as you can get and make a good step.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
$1,100? Hilarious!
Considering that originally Mopar was asking $2,675 each, $1,100 for a pair of take-offs isn't all that bad (so are caviar dreams and champagne wishes). :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
I lucked out and picked up a MOPAR pair from Facebook market place for $120. Come to find out they were off of former OSU and Vancouver Grizzly basketball player "Big Country" Bryant Reeves daughters jeep :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
I lucked out and picked up a MOPAR pair from Facebook market place for $120. Come to find out they were off of former OSU and Vancouver Grizzly basketball player "Big Country" Bryant Reeves daughters jeep :)
Was she cute and did she help mount you...cough...the rails?

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LoD sliders are nice. I have a Recon and the sliders are ok but I had LoD's on my 2014 rubicon and they definitely are as solid as you can get and make a good step.

I’ve always loved the LoD slider steps but the fact that you drill into the frame multiple times makes me nervous.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I’ve always loved the LoD slider steps but the fact that you drill into the frame multiple times makes me nervous.

it shouldn't, just get a quality bit as the frame is hard steel and will dull normal bits. They are solid.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts