Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you pick for a LED headlight with a solid accent color? Looking to go with red. Saw lots of things at Jeep Beach but don't know brands or where to find the best options.

·
Registered
497 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
You can't run any color other than white on the road. Especially red.
Red is a signal color and only allowed on the rear of the vehicle or on emergency vehicles on the roof.
Expect a ticket at best. Uncle LEO can do worse.

eCFR — Code of Federal Regulations

·
Registered
215 Posts
As long as it doesn't light up, then you're ok, but if it glows, as Hilldweller said, better crack open your wallet. White and amber are the only colours you can have facing forward.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As long as it doesn't light up, then you're ok, but if it glows, as Hilldweller said, better crack open your wallet. White and amber are the only colours you can have facing forward.
Anything I do with a color i would switch it separate on my pillar switch. Agree don't run anything but color during the on road activity.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I went to the GENSSI site, they have some cool looking options. I wonder how the quality is. Has anyone purchased from them?

The price seems to be pretty strong too.

Do you get what you pay for and in this case just drop the coin for the JWS?

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
These guys were 1 of the vendors at Jeep Beach. My wife really like them so when we get her Jeep they will most likely go on it. Check them out.

https://www.hidprojectors.com/

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went to the GENSSI site, they have some cool looking options. I wonder how the quality is. Has anyone purchased from them? The price seems to be pretty strong too. Do you get what you pay for and in this case just drop the coin for the JWS?
It appear item can be bought direct from overseas for about $400

·
Registered
433 Posts
Halo lights, in my opinion, go on a high school boys pick up truck trying to be cool...

I went with LED, similar to the JWS headlights and I love them! Be sure to turn them down a little bit. Got done putting them in at night, went out to see what they could do...got flashed twice almost before I left the neighborhood! Lol...

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
These look just like the ones on the other site, you gotta wonder if they are white labels out of China. They look real nice though.
They do custom etching on the center lense if you want for extra $$. Seen a lot of the vendor Jeeps at Jeep Beach had their HID lights with their companies logos etched on the center lense on their Jeeps, they looked really good IMO. I'm thinking they're not Chinese, but I could be wrong or they're Chinese HID's and they just customize the center projector by etching on it.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Oracle 5769's have black bezel and the 5770's are light colored bezels..

You can get them with just about any color Halo you want, or you can get them with multi color Halo you control with a remote.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Anything I do with a color i would switch it separate on my pillar switch. Agree don't run anything but color during the on road activity.
It doesn't matter how you switch it. The lights are not legal to install on a vehicle that's run on public roadways.
Merely having the capacity to illuminate in colors other than white (and arguably yellow for DRL) makes them non-compliant with federal code.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
It doesn't matter how you switch it. The lights are not legal to install on a vehicle that's run on public roadways. Merely having the capacity to illuminate in colors other than white (and arguably yellow for DRL) makes them non-compliant with federal code.

It would fail inspection in New Hampshire. I used to do them when I was at the Hyundai dealer and occasionally a riced out Tiburon would come through and get rejected for trash like this.

·
Registered
150 Posts
It would fail inspection in New Hampshire.
Then I guess they would be fine in South Florida then. No state inspections and countless vehicles with burnt out tail lights, and most of the time multiple burnt out tail lights at a time! I have never seen so many burnt out lights in my life since moving here! They don't enforce the law when it comes to tail lights, so I am sure they will not enforce the colored headlights either.

:atomic:

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Then I guess they would be fine in South Florida then. No state inspections and countless vehicles with burnt out tail lights, and most of the time multiple burnt out tail lights at a time! I have never seen so many burnt out lights in my life since moving here! They don't enforce the law when it comes to tail lights, so I am sure they will not enforce the colored headlights either. :atomic:

Michigan is no better. There are total POSs on the roads here. If someone is dumb enough to run red lights on the road they're gonna meet an officer. And fast too.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts