Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go again..... This is a reminder that the California Department of Parks and Recreation (State Parks) will be holding three public meetings in Ridgecrest, Lancaster, and Bakersfield this week to provide updates on the revision of the General Plan for Red Rock Canyon State Park.
At these open-house style meetings, the planning team will present the Revised Plan Concept for the update to the General Plan, and continue to solicit feedback from interested stakeholders and agencies.
Attendees will have the opportunity to visit display stations, review materials that describe the Revised Plan Concept, ask questions, and provide input. The open houses will be identical in content and format, and materials from the meetings will be available after the meetings are concluded on the project website.
If your in Ridgecrest you can comment at open house or comment online you will have a chance review what the State has proposed the good or bad . we are hoping there are no closed trails... I'll post the email address after open house after we have a chance to view the proposals.

Open House #1
Wednesday, October 23, 2019
5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Historical Society of the Upper Mojave Desert
230 W. Ridgecrest Boulevard
Ridgecrest, CA 93555

thx

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Thank you for your commitment to this cause and for posting and spreading the word.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Let's ALL show up as a huge group of Jeeps, and off road people. Also, you can send a letter to the address shown. Lancaster will be my home base, so I'll be there !

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just returned from Red Rock State Park GP review meeting and after looking over revised plan concept, no doubt we are losing off-road access! If you are a fan of Last Chance Canyon the trail will be closed at Cudahy Camp and Graduation Hill is off limits!!! Nightmare Gulch trail is listed as closed to 4X4 traffic…. I do not see any compromise with current existing 4X4 trails a lot of current access is purposed to be closed.
If you a member of this forum you are a fan of Off-Roading and enjoy accessing our lands for adventure and fun.
I am asking to send a email to address below to say that you enjoy off-roading and that you want Last Chance open all the way through Cudahy Camp and graduation hill, open Nightmare Gulch trail to 4X4 access.
we need as many comments from the Off-Road community as we can provide.
You can copy and paste this if you like

After reviewing Red Rock GP revised plan concept, I request Last Chance trail open all the way through Cudahy Camp, graduation hill also open Nightmare Gulch trail to 4X4 access. the proposed concept is unacceptable for 4X4 access.
Email: [email protected]

web site:https://www.redrockgp.com/home

Here is your chance to walk the walk Please send email... save our access....

thx SJ

·
Registered
450 Posts
After reviewing Red Rock GP revised plan concept, I request Last Chance trail open all the way through Cudahy Camp, graduation hill also open Nightmare Gulch trail to 4X4 access. the proposed concept is unacceptable for 4X4 access.
Email: [email protected]

web site:https://www.redrockgp.com/home

Here is your chance to walk the walk Please send email... save our access....

thx SJ
Copied and sent.

When I lived in RC, I never took that canyon, but enjoyed the El Pasos. I did make it to Schmidt's Tunnel to visit with Toni in this. Got a few funny looks along the way. :)

Attachments

Reactions: suicideking

·
Registered
55 Posts
I attended the meeting in Lancaster. There were almost NO OFF ROAD supporters. In fact there were probably less than 12 people come. We all did send our comments to the "Red Rock GP web sites, and may have been a bit emotional about it !!
I enumerated several flaws in the plan, such as access to upper Last Chance, and the ignorance of the designers about the changes after a rainstorm to the entire ElPaso Mtns area. I also gave some ideas for staging areas in the Randsburg-Red Rock Road area, for lower Last Chance. Perhaps, since this area is so popular, a cleared space with a COMPREHENSIVE kiosk showing what, and where, the trails will be, as well as numbers for emergency help, and a LARGE map to guide those who are not familiar with the closed and open trails.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Comments on the Red Rock Revised Plan Concept are being accepted until December 12, 2019. Comments can be provided by email to [email protected],

We need more Off-Road response … its a sad state of affairs' when most folks are worried about tire size or light bars … we wont have anywhere to take our Jeeps at this rate

sj

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is sad when a government agency decides to go rogue and shut down public access to pubic lands by closing off public roads that are well established off road trails for no good reason. These trails have been established for a very long time. I suggest getting our local congressman involved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts