Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow jeepers. looking for insight on this subject. a group of us from Illinois have gone to Redbird the last couple years and want to check out a Haspin Acres. Just wondering if its Haspin is worth the drive down there. Just trying to get some idea from those that may have been to both. I appreciate any help you guys/gals might have.

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
779 Posts
Haven't been to Haspin, but from reports it's not well-maintained and seems to attract less disciplined off-roaders. If you're looking for an alternative to Redbird you might try Interlake, another SRA in the same general region of Indiana.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't been to Haspin, but from reports it's not well-maintained and seems to attract less disciplined off-roaders. If you're looking for an alternative to Redbird you might try Interlake, another SRA in the same general region of Indiana.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just google .haspin acres. And click on the images. Mostly pics of people destroying their stuff. Don't miss the pic of someone's couch in the campfire...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Used to ride quads at Haspin I wouldn't take my jeep there. Like everyone has said poor trail maintence, drunks, not better then redbird or the badlands in Attica.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I didnt know better and took my 3000mile jku to Haspin. Didnt seem that bad but i had gone for Trikefest weekend so many the normal idiots were outnumbered.

Will be down there again this year too. wont be camping, got a hotel about 30mins off site.

Guessing that badlands gives you something similar with less risk and atleast an hour closer.

·
Registered
820 Posts

I've been to Interlake, Redbird, and Badlands. My personal favorite of the three is Redbird. I like hills. Interlake doesn't have many... Badlands is fine.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I REALLY like Redbird. Inexpensive, great trail and hills, and it seems to attract good folks.

Badlands is fun, well set up, with lots of different terrain. More expensive than Redbird, and on weekends can get a little busy with all the quads and dirt bikes. All in all, we like it and have a run in May with all Wranglers. I am going to try and hit it here in the next few weeks just to shake down the rig after the work I have done to it this winter.

As far as Haspin, well, it was fun when I was young, wild and crazy, but now that I am older, the drama and such is more of a bother for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts