Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It started a few years ago with an 80 CJ 7, built it from ground up and sold it. A few years pass and I bought this jeep.

99 TJ with 68,xxx miles 4.0 3 spd auto D30 LP and D35 with 3.07 gears.

The day I brought it home I had an 1'' coil spacer for front and a set of 33's waiting for it. I did some research knowing that a 1.25'' BL would allow me to fit these tires. So i had to make a BL out of parts from previous lift kits I had llaying around..

The day I brought it home and installed lift and tires.

Then I ordered a front bumper, 3.25 Rough country lift, bought 33x12.50, regeared to 4.56, locker in the rear and then upgraded tires again to 36'' Super Swampers, because I regeared too low. Good accident though.

Well now for the interesting part:
My friend has a fab shop and I decided to go all out. We are in the process of 3 linking and double triangulating the rear with a TT. The front is in and installed with the TT completed.

Preparing to cut all factory brackets off

All the arms are built for the 3 link and painted. 1.75'' DOM .250 wall with JJ's

HP 30 installed and brackets built with axle trussed and locker installed

Back on the ground found a set of 6.5'' front springs I will use these until I cut them down to match the rear.

I will be using my front progressive springs in the rear with the top relocation bracket for rear coil. I'm not sure how much lift I'll have after spare tire and body armor is installed,so I'll wait to adjust front after that. The SYE is complete and the TT is done with custom cross member that will allow me to take skid plate off while transfer stays in place. We gained approx. 5.5'' of ground clearance with TT.

Little bit of rake??

I will be using and 8.25 cherokee rear axle because it's already built, geared, trussed and locked. We have about 10 spares of these laying around for parts so I will be using it. Now to get to work on the back half... I'm also adding corner guards and tube flares that will be built,along with boat sides for rocker sliders.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So busy day today, we got a lot done. Axle in place, cross member built, shock cross member built, arm brackets, JJ installed in arms, new upper coil buckets, gas tank skid cut and raised 2", front 2 3/4" progressive coils installed in the back. Now I need limiting straps for the back.

Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Auto part Motor vehicle

Auto part Engine Vehicle Car

View attachment 290582

Back on all fours, have to tie up some things like brakes, e-brake, gas lines, and build drive shafts. But it scores a 1000 on the RTI. We put it on the ramp to see what binds and rubs and we do have some tweaking to do.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well here is a good time to tell you to go to Redneck Fab on FB to see all of Doug's creative gifts of fabricating. He has his Cherokee build on there. It has11" lift with HP44 and 9" full width axles with exo cage sitting on 37" Pitbulls. You can see a little bit of it in the picture down above.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Skid plates installed and painted

Bumper Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Auto part Vehicle

Brake lights wired and installed also factory flasher was altered for the fast flash. It works great and saves $25. I got my info from Stu's Offroad.

I also brought it home tonight guess I didn't think about clearance in the garage. IT JUST FITS! 3/4" to spare. Whew.

View attachment 317785

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tractor Tire

1 - 20 of 55 Posts