21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16,862 Posts
Also is there a certain year I would need out of one of those types of vehicles
Has to be can bus radio which was not around 2007
And not in liberty till 2008
Also because of problematic cd drive I would avoid 07 and 08
Any high speed bus vehicle RES 09-2011 would be plug and play without a security code needed
2012 and newer would need security code

Plus RES come both with and without Sirius tuner and with and without uconnect buttons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,862 Posts
Supposedly original owner got it on a little card with rest of paperwork

Some claim also sometimes on a sticker on back side of glovebox but I have yet to ever see one of those stickers at junkyard

For a 2012 avenger low bus RBZ mygig radio I picked up at junkyard, I called local dodge dealer service department with both that radio serial number and junkyard vehicle vin and eventually they were willing to look it up on their computer for me after first claiming it would not be possible without vin of vehicle it was going into

I explained that I had it wired to an avenger TIPM and Skim/ignition module on top of my fridge in my kitchen so there was no vin on installed vehicle

He gave me a code claiming it probably would not work and it worked fine

Wrote it in perm marker on top of radio body

The dealers are hesitant to look them up without proof of vehicle ownership so good luck

For mygig it is four digits with each any number 0-9 so 9999 possibilities

On an RES four digits entered with station select keys so only 6x6x6x6 or 1296 possibilities

And it locks you out for a period of time after 3 failed tries

·
Registered
16,862 Posts
I also like the pre anti theft res better as you can remove 4 screws and swap Sirius module but by antitheft years it was part of main board not a separate module

·
Registered
16,862 Posts
Also it is the antitheft years that tend to have the failing solder joints as referenced in video I posted

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Supposedly original owner got it on a little card with rest of paperwork

Some claim also sometimes on a sticker on back side of glovebox but I have yet to ever see one of those stickers at junkyard

For a 2012 avenger low bus RBZ mygig radio I picked up at junkyard, I called local dodge dealer service department with both that radio serial number and junkyard vehicle vin and eventually they were willing to look it up on their computer for me after first claiming it would not be possible without vin of vehicle it was going into

I explained that I had it wired to an avenger TIPM and Skim/ignition module on top of my fridge in my kitchen so there was no vin on installed vehicle

He gave me a code claiming it probably would not work and it worked fine

Wrote it in perm marker on top of radio body

The dealers are hesitant to look them up without proof of vehicle ownership so good luck

For mygig it is four digits with each any number 0-9 so 9999 possibilities

On an RES four digits entered with station select keys so only 6x6x6x6 or 1296 possibilities

And it locks you out for a period of time after 3 failed tries

Thx for the tip.

·
Registered
2003 Rubicon, manual trans, Atlas transfer case, Nth Degree Mobility kit and more...
98 Posts
Have a mint radio I believe is from a 2014. Is there a way to find the year?

Al in Tucson

·
Registered
16,862 Posts
All the can bus radios I have see have a date code on the label

All also have a three digit model code on front lower corner
RES, REQ,REN,RER, RBZ,RHB, RHR

Also 2012 and newer say “anti theft”on face

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hoosierdaddy, I also have a 2014 JK and have a 130RES as well as a 730nRHR I'm no longer using if you're looking to purchase.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Hoosierdaddy, I also have a 2014 JK and have a 130RES as well as a 730nRHR I'm no longer using if you're looking to purchase.
I am looking to purchase a replacement radio for my 2014 JK Wrangler Unlimited sport. What are you looking to get out of either of those two radios. Is the second model the touchscreen radio? And do you also have the antitheft password For them?
Thanks Hoosierdaddy

21 - 32 of 32 Posts