Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 jeep wrangler, gas pump keeps shutting off when refueling. I even changed the gas tank but that did not solve problem, have checked vapor canister and all hoses. some one knows what it could be

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
The problem isn't necessarily the tank. The Fuel Fill Tube incorporates a check valve that with a number of JK's is defective and causes the fuel to spill when refueling. There have been issues reported that the same problem causes the pump to shut off. If you've tried different pumps/nozzles and you checked to make sure that the tank is properly vented, then it's most likely the fuel fill tube. There's no recall or TSB for 2011 JK's, even though 07 and 08's are covered under a TSB. The fuel fill tube problem affects a number of model year JK's. The one for my 10 had to be replaced. Quadratec has them for approx. $130.00, so do other 4X4 suppliers and they're OEM Mopar parts. Edit: When this issue first started to happen in 07-08 the initial fix was for the dealer to replace the fuel tank. That is no longer done. An updated fuel fill tube now takes care of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts