Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 sport. Looking to put 35's under it. I have the lift, the bush waker flairs . I know 3.21's are not going to work. I was thinking of putting in a set of 4.88's. Does anyone know what would be better or am I on the right track? Thanks guys and gals.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
That sounds like a plan, that'll put you around 2600 @ 70mph. I was thinking 4.56's when I eventually re-gear if I decide to stay on 33's or 4.88 if I go to 35's.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The 3.6 is a very capable motor with 3.21s in it so don't rush straight into a regear and end up over gearing. I drove a 2012 with 37s yesterday and it had 4.88 in it and it was a perfect gearing. Felt just as good as driving my '13 when it was bone stock

·
Registered
6 Posts
Also need to know more on this topic

My husband was considering a re-gear, so I would love to follow this conversation. We have a 2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara that we would love to use to flat tow my 2013 Wrangler Sport with to go offroading together (two jeeps better than one). He was considering a re-gear to the 4.1 for this. However, he has read reports of some jeepers stating that they tow their 3000lb boats (sport is about 3500 lbs) with their Sahara's no prob.

We are first time jeep owners and would love to hear what veteran jeepers have to say.

·
Registered
892 Posts
The JKU with max tow package is only rated for 3500 lbs. By the time you add a trailer and even a bone stock JK would put you over the limit. Bigger tires, bumpers and extra gear will only make it worse.

·
Registered
30 Posts
GeckoJK said:
The JKU with max tow package is only rated for 3500 lbs. By the time you add a trailer and even a bone stock JK would put you over the limit. Bigger tires, bumpers and extra gear will only make it worse.
Jsyk-flat towing is when you tow a vehicle with a tow bar not on a trailer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts