Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I just bought a Jeep 2013 Wrangler unlimited with 37" tires , 5" lift and 3.21 gear ratio. It drives like a dog at higher speed. Any recommendations for the gear shop in the san fran area (san ramon) and how much you paid. I am getting quote in 2500 -3000 range. Is it safe to keep driving it for long distance like 7hrs. I am planning to go to Seattle next month. Please advise. I am newbie to this topic.
Thanks
RJ

Attachments

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
looks like you've added a lot of weight as well to your jeep with a winch and grumper bumper.

4.88 would be optimal, but 4.56 can still propel your jeep and give you slightly better mpgs. In the end, you gotta do you. I'm not sure about the shops up north, but if you don't mind the drive to socal, regear here starts at about 900. Perhaps 1050 otd since you will need a carrier.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Talk to Joe or Larry at The4x4Shop in Livermore. I got all of my work done there. San Ramon is not that far from Livermore.

Joe is the owner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: Went to 4X4 Livermore CA and Joe & Team really took care of the business. Upgraded to 4.56 - what a difference..I am so glad I did the upgrade. Thank you guys for your help!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Update: Went to 4X4 Livermore CA and Joe & Team really took care of the business. Upgraded to 4.56 - what a difference..I am so glad I did the upgrade. Thank you guys for your help!
Great. I am glad it worked out for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts