Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New jeep owner and first time posting. I'm currently working out the plan for my jeep. I plan on a 4" suspension lift and 35" tires. Currently have 3.07 gears. Do I need to regear if I plan on driving on the highway with moderate offroading? If so, what gear ratio should I go for?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Re-gear, re-axle, brakes upgrades, steering upgrades, proper lift, etc
There are many threads and write-ups about going to 35's.
A lot more to it than adding tires and gears for 35" tires.

·
Registered
175 Posts
^ what there saying^ I just made the switch from 33s to 35s and I'm in it as of right now for $3200 that's for tires,gears,d44 axle, and steering. I haven't done the brakes yet but I would highly recommend it that is my next project and keep in mind that was without purchasing a lift to

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
For 35's:
Consider adding a 1" body lift to your 4" suspension lift
Make sure you have a D44 or Ford 8.8 rear axle
Upgrade steering to a minimum of a ZJ tie rod (Curries currectlync is better)
Upgrade front brakes to a minimum of Black Magic pads and Centric rotors (Better with a BM Big brake kit)
Regear...need to know engine and transmission to make gearing recommendation.

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
You haven't given much information on what your Jeep already has, other than 3:07 gears, so being specific is somewhat complicated. If moderate off-roading is the absolute most you will do, then a positive upgrade would be to swap from the Dana35 rear axle I'm almost sure you have, to a Dana 44. The next step would be to, if it doesn't already have, re-gear to 4:88's if your tranny is the Nv3550 5sp manual or if it is the 32Rle automatic, re-gear to 4:56's. You will be able to use the 27 spline front axle shafts after the re-gear, as you will still have the Dana30 front, but as you will be going to a Dana44 in the rear, Dana44 axles will need to be used.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the help guys. Lots to think about. Turns out my rear diff is blown so I might be getting that Dana 44 sooner that expected

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have a 5.13 geared rubicon Dana 44 available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts