Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning axle builds and visited Reid Racing's website. Took a look at their super knuckles and read that they are for off-road use only.

After reading this, I did a quick google search as well as a search here, but can't seem to find any info on whether their knuckles are DOT approved/road legal.

Any input?

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Reid is most likely just protecting them selves from liability. I would be surprised if the DOT approves steering knuckles.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Reid is most likely just protecting them selves from liability. I would be surprised if the DOT approves steering knuckles.

I was about to post this but wasn't sure if i should. I have had Reid knuckles in the past and ran them on road. Safety probably all comes down to how you have your steering linkage set up i wouldn't run Heim joints on road for example...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This brings up an interesting thought. You wouldn't run heims on the road...you're talking just for the steering, or control arms as well?

The name says it, newby...I'm here to learn, I try to only post when search comes up with nothing. If you feel like typing, I'd love to read an elaboration.

Thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts