Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2016 JK used. It came with the Magnaflow muffler, which is too loud and drone-y for me. So, I found a stock muffler from a 2015.

For the life of me, I can’t get the stock muffler on. I can get the muffler all the way on the exhaust pipe, but I can’t get the passenger side hanger even remotely close. What am I doing wrong?

Also, right above the rear sway bar, there’s a “dent” in the exhaust. Is that supposed to be there? I’m assuming it’s there to clear the sway bar?

Grant

·
Retired Moderator
100,626 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Perhaps that exhaust hanger is bent and needs some tweaking. That small dent on the exhaust pipe is OEM

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I was wondering if something had been tweaked by the previous owner. I’m throwing in the towel and calling the exhaust shop in the morning.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Photos would help

Reactions: Jk4papa

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Scroll down, it's under Additional Options. Click the Manage Attachments button under Attach Files.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
for the record I have replaced stock muffler back on both a 2014 4 door and 2016 2 door (had a aFe scorpion that I transferred from 14 to 16 and then removed again as too loud on the 2 door). It was total pain you need to have lots of lubricant and a big pair of channel locks. I broke an exhaust tool on it. you need to slide the rubber bushing hanger on the hanger that is welded on the muffler and slide it on as far as it will go even down on the bend and just wrestle it on. lots of lube and even heat it up a bit with a heat gun just short of melting it. It is a bear cat but will go on. leave the joint loose until you get it. I did the drivers side first and then the passenger side.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Just curious, was the magnaflow in the stock location?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the input. I’ll try to put the isolator on the muffler again and see if I have any better luck.

The Magnaflow that came off used all stock locations. Nothing was changed that I can gather. I was wondering if something had been tweaked, but it appeared to be the same as factory (looked under my buddy’s stock JK for comparison).

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts