Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you need to mount the relay very close to the battery and want to trigger it from the OEM fog light switch on the stalk, can you get to the hot wire near the battery or do you take it from below the radiator and bring it back to the relay? can someone identify the wire's color? This is for a 2014 JK and mounting driving lights on a new bumper cause the old fogs are history.. Thanks in advance for the sage jeeper advice.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so why can't u use the old wires from the now gone fogs? They already have relay and are hooked to that switch.
That's what I thought originally, but other guys on this forum say that I could use that wiring but I needed to put in a relay. And that's why I'm confused; some say one thing and others another. I just don't want to fry anything on my 2014 JK.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, some say the OEM fog lights are 55 watts each and others say 24 for thev2014 JK. The Hella lights have H3 bulbs and are 55 watts. This also raises the question whether the relay and/or wiring will take the extra wattage?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts