Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Frakking hell! Driving on the highway not long ago getting hit by a bunch of small rocks. Nothing new, happened before. Literally 5-10 seconds after it stops, I get hit by one more& Mi windshield cracks on the driver's side. Then I notice all the chips from the other hits.

Now I gotta see about getting a replacement of the same windshield. I don't want a generic one. I like my windshield with the jeep grill& small jeep off roading!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just filed a claim to get mine replaced. Sadly, it won't be till Friday :(
The crack had grown about an inch. It's longer than a dollar bill :eek:
Free windshield, best part! Save money for other stuff!

·
Registered
946 Posts
I had 3 HUUUGE cracks on my windshield. We're talking all the way across and so bad I got pulled over once. Just had mine replaced. The glass place told me on the phone that an OEM windshield is all that they offer. So I still have all the jeep stuff on the glass.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Mine as many others broke within the first couple of days from buying the jeep. I think when we go to pick up my wife's JKU I'm just going to take a hammer to the windshield the first day and get it over with.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha! Would be bad if they say after you got out replace because of of said hammer. It gets hot by a rock& break. That would suck!

Mine is almost 3 years old, first time. I checked out the website for the place that's going to do mine& they have an option that you can choose if you want a cheaper window than oem style (if available). That would be dumb to choose if you don't have to pay.

Taking Mi decal window, I'm quite fond of it!

I got hit on Saturday and it started on the edge of the glasson the driver's side. About the length of a dollar bill. Next day it grew about an inch or two.Monday, about another inch or two. Drill into the glass a bit ahead of the crack to stop it. So far it hasn't grown!

·
Registered
140 Posts
How much does an OEM windshield usually go for?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:/ no idea? But, from checking out safelite online quote for a oem window (at least I think it is, unless they just put the decals on them selves). It was between 400.00-500.00

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the new windshield installed today. Same exact windshield!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Paid $300 for my OEM windshield installed. Safelight was almost $700! What a racket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts