Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, other than the ticking heads, how has the reliability been on '12 and up models so far? Do they have annoying issues that aren't major mechanical flaws? I always worry about higher tech cars but JK's seem to be fairly straight forward.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Suppose the jump is related to the ticking time bomb beneath the hood, or are there other real world concerns? I was going to go look at the jeep I was interested in after the most recent rain event and see if it had the leak many seem to have here.

·
The Bad Guy
23,247 Posts
If you want to know anything about Wrangler reliability, check resale value. It's the highest in the industry. Sorry Toyota fanboy (Jannikt).

·
Registered
196 Posts
If you want to know anything about Wrangler reliability, check resale value. It's the highest in the industry. Sorry Toyota fanboy (Jannikt).
2012 Best Resale Value Awards: Best Brands - Kelley Blue Book

But who cares about KBB, they don't know what they are talking about

Older Wranglers have a very good resale value. It's too early to say about 2011 and 2012 modes. Only time will tell. If Chrysler manages to correct the "ticking head" issue once and for all, no doubts Wrangler resale will stay high. But if the "ticking head" issue is a recurring problem, it will discourage many buyers.

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
jannikt said:

Older Wranglers have a very good resale value. It's too early to say about 2011 and 2012 modes. Only time will tell. If Chrysler manages to correct the "ticking head" issue once and for all, no doubts Wrangler resale will stay high. But if the "ticking head" issue is a recurring problem, it will discourage many buyers.
Haven't heard any 13's yet?

·
The Bad Guy
23,247 Posts
Let's discuss Toyota issues. Didn't they just have another huge recall? :whistling:

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
I've owned my 2012 JKU Rubicon since August 2011 and the only problem that I've had is a leaky front axle seal. It has been taken to the dealer twice for it and covered both times under warranty.

·
Registered
619 Posts

They don't; nobody in the business uses KBB. KBB is in the publishing business. Tell you what...get a value out of KBB and take it to any used car guy and see what he says. Then (after you get mad) call up KBB and see if they are willing to pay you the listed value. Truth is the Wrangler (ANY OF THEM) have the highest residual value of any car/truck/SUV (domestic or import) sold in the good old U.S. of A.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Charts, graphs, and Powerpoint are meaningless.

Without statistically significant hard numbers to pore over and that provide real information, graphs with smiley/sad faces are asinine as 'evidence' of anything.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Wrangler resale had nothing to do with reliability. It has to do with being the only convertible 4x4 available in the United States. Period.

Toyota fanboys should be ashamed though. Toyota trails only Ford with the highest number of recalls in the world. Japanese garbage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts