Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Easter Jeepers :)

Thought I would take this free time on this long weekend to install my newly purchased hitch receiver.
After a few modifications and little custom fitting, all seems to look snug and fit nicely.. Apart from the rear licence plate.
It appears i need to now relocate the plate. I have seen them fitted to the spare wheel on the rear. And I know there are some relocating brackets available online, but just wanted to get everyone's opinion / advice / experience before I purchase another item.

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

Al

·
Registered
688 Posts
I have to ask. How did a hitch receiver install affect your license plate mount? Was your mount in the original location under the driver's side tail light?

Edit - just saw you are not in the US.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey I'm in Queensland and on my JK I cut the bit of plastic off where the number plate goes, installed the tow hitch, installed the Uneek rear plate relocation bracket on the spare wheel, rewired the number plate light wires and it's good to go. A mate paid to have one installed - they put the number plate on a hinge - so it lifts up when the hitch is fitted - not legal though. I rate the Uneek fitting though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks heaps for taking the time to leave some feedback DWT and Monty :)

Monty: Did you have any dramas fitting the relocation bracket? Is your bracket adjustable to fit a bigger spare wheel?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine is on the spare wheel.

MOPAR sell a kit to do it.
Comes with the Tubular rear bar

I also have seen it mounted off to the side.

The cheap way to do it would just be to drill into the rear bar and mount with bolts,
splice in a new light around 8$ from supercheap

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks heaps for taking the time to leave some feedback DWT and Monty :) Monty: Did you have any dramas fitting the relocation bracket? Is your bracket adjustable to fit a bigger spare wheel?
Bubba - the bracket is completely adjustable. Check out Uneek. I'll take a photo of mine tomorrow if you'd like?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts