Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if these stupid gun bans pass here in Colorado, I am thinking about relocating to another state. I love Colorado, but firearms freedoms are a big part of my life. So anyways the states I'm looking at are Alaska, Montana, and Utah. Wherever I go, I need Mountains, wheeling, and most of all freedom. Of course I will also need to find work in one these states. So let's hear some input. :thumb:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I live in southwest MT in Butte. I left MT for AZ when i graduated high school, and it only took me 6 months to figure i made a huge mistake. I love MT and will never leave again. Only downside is the long winters, but that keeps all the people out:)

·
Registered
221 Posts
What sort of job are you in the market for? If you move here, that may determine where you end up. Bozeman actually has a pretty healthy high tech manufacturing community at the present and the sporting goods sector is also well represented. Blackhawk, Simms, and Mystery Ranch all have sizable operations here.
Mystery Ranch Backpacks | Backpacks designed by Dana Gleason | Bozeman, Montana
Home BLACKHAWK!
Home page

And guns-what guns?
This place is just the best!
Shedhorn Sports | Outfitter for the Discriminating Sportsman | Montana FFL Firearms Dealer | Montana Sporting Goods Retailer

·
Registered
52 Posts
HAHA, JK JK... I haven't driven a JK, but I think I'd still rather have my TJ over it. Montana is awesome though, don't pay mind to TJ. HOWEVER... I've lived in AK as well and between the two, if I had a choice, I'd move to AK in a heartbeat. It's like MTx10.

·
Registered
36 Posts
HAHA, JK JK... I haven't driven a JK, but I think I'd still rather have my TJ over it. Montana is awesome though, don't pay mind to TJ. HOWEVER... I've lived in AK as well and between the two, if I had a choice, I'd move to AK in a heartbeat. It's like MTx10.
I used to live in AK and I miss it too...

·
Registered
221 Posts
I used to live in AK and I miss it too...
Been there, enjoyed the scenery, but----- on Dec 21, the night is plenty long enough here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome

Bring your Jeep and Bring your guns there is room for one more. Billings is good to look for work as is Bozeman, Havre and there are tons of jobs on the East side in the oil patch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Moving to Bozeman tomorrow! My name is Ryan, Looking for Jeep friends to go wheeling and trailing on the weekends. Would love to hear back from some people. Email me! [email protected]

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I figured it makes sense to post here. I might too be relocating from Colorado to MT. Probably in the great falls area. That's where my job would be if I accept it. What kind of wheeling can I expect? And I do not drive a jk.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hello,

My wife and I are moving to Missoula this April. I just wanted to say hello and see what you all do to the jeeps to make them Montana ready. I have a stock Rubicon HR. Hope to see people around.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hello,

My wife and I are moving to Missoula this April. I just wanted to say hello and see what you all do to the jeeps to make them Montana ready. I have a stock Rubicon HR. Hope to see people around.
Short answer: the same things everyone else does. That said, it all comes back to what you want to do when it comes to trails. A 2" Mopar lift and 35 KM2's is enough on our 12 JKUR to get just about everywhere I like to go-and still have normal road manners.

Missoula has a well established 4x4 club-Montana Back Roads. Willie Worthy is probably still at the helm.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts