Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking into buying myself an AtoZ Fabrications Grill Guard/hoop. I read that by bolting on this hoop, I would not be able to put the factory tow hooks back on. I was wondering if there was anywhere else I could install the tow hooks on the front of my TJ. I do moderate trails, and have had to use it a few times, so I would like to still be able to have a recovery point from the front.. thanks!:punk:

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
What does this hoop look like?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
So it's a space issue. Originally I thought you might be able to just get 1/4" longer bolts. Looks like a rear tow hook might be your only option with that bar.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Don't know if you want that exact hoop or not, but the KC HiLites hoop allows you to bolt the hooks right on top of it.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,389 Posts
Go this way you can keep your hooks . And they are a vender here go through the site might save a few bucks AtoZ Fabrication Front Bumper Winch Guard
The AtoZ link you provided is the same manufacturer the OP asked about, and that link you provided just confirms what he said... "If the bolt-on option is selected you will not be able to use your stock tow hooks..."

Rockymountain, I'd either find a different bolt-on grill guard that will allow you to keep your tow hooks, or forgo it altogether since tow hooks are more important than a grill guard. And welding shackle tabs onto the face of the bumper would be a bad/dangerous idea, such tabs need to pass through the bumper and be welded from the front and rear to be strong enough/safe. :)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Here is the one that Zach at A2Z fabbed up for me.. It's not the factory tow hooks, but I ditched the factory hooks years ago..

Attachments

·
Registered
952 Posts
I know that I should have just said go with the wield on instead of the bolt on .
My mistake
How well would a weld hold up a tow hook to use for towing someone out in rear tow hooks? I was thinking of just welding the hook to the bumper. Thanks!

·
Registered
908 Posts
How well would a weld hold up a tow hook to use for towing someone out in rear tow hooks? I was thinking of just welding the hook to the bumper. Thanks!
Real good the problem is the stock bumper is not real strong I have twisted 2 now . My jeep is also used as a work horse on a farm so (Make it or brake it) I am alittle harder on things than most people that use there heads . AtoZ rear bumper is on my next to buy list

1 - 14 of 14 Posts