Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the best place for the canister under the bumper that will keep the dealers happy, new bumper requires a relocation. Thanks

·
Registered
342 Posts
Not sure what the dealer will care about but here is where I put mine. JCR included the bracket with the bumper.

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have an ACE bumper and had to relocate mine too. Remove canister, cut off the 2 studs flush to the bracket, drill out the remaining part of the stud. Now remount the canister under the bracket with #6 bolts and you are done.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure what the dealer will care about but here is where I put mine. JCR included the bracket with the bumper.

Bob
I think I have to move it out of that area completely. The bumper u got is a hybrid bumper so it's mostly winch. I guess I'll bolt in a bar I between the bottom of the frame rails, then the winch sits right inbetween, bumper is stamped steel and covers everything.

Is there a reason they put the brake pump under the bumper, seems to me if you smash your bumper and that can and your still moving, you won't have brake pressure. Was wondering if it's a safety thing or just faulty engineering.

·
Registered
342 Posts
It's not under the bumper but more in the middle of it. It is just placed horizontal as opposed to vertical from factory. They make it easy at the bracket bolts on after cutting the top off the original and you don't have to disconnect the pump to move it.

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts