Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my "remanufactured" PCM arrived from SOLO Auto. It doesn't have any instructions with it. Is it as simple as disconnecting the battery, removing old unit, install new unit, reconnect battery? Is there anything else I need to do?

Ian

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
I've seen where some are plug and play. I've also seen that depending upon where it was re-manufactured it might have to be flashed to your VIN. Hopefully, with yours there won't be an issue. If there is at least you'll be aware of what has to be done.

·
Registered
33,928 Posts
Remove the negative battery cable touch it to the positive for 10 seconds. After 25 min you can in stall the reprogrammed CPU.

Reconnect the negative cable turn the key to on not start till the dash lights go out. Then turn the key off and remove.

Last step put key in and start and off you go! The jeep might hesitate for a few seconds don't freak out.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Happy news, new pcm installed. The heater circuit low voltage codes all disappeared, then I had high voltage from one of the downstream sensors. After some research, culminating in removing both the downstream sensors and testing their resistance with a multi-meter I found that one of them was dead. I replaced that and all my I/M readiness checks are complete (except for EVAP, but that's another story).

Bottom-line. Good customer service and what looks like a good product from solo auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
405 Posts
Remove the negative battery cable touch it to the positive for 10 seconds. After 25 min you can in stall the reprogrammed CPU.

Reconnect the negative cable turn the key to on not start till the dash lights go out. Then turn the key off and remove.

Last step put key in and start and off you go! The jeep might hesitate for a few seconds don't freak out.
You don't need to do any of that. Unplug the old PCM, plug in the new PCM. There's no need to discharge any capacitance, or wait 25 minutes, or even disconnect the battery, or wait before starting the engine. The PCM is quite happy to be unplugged and replugged with everything connected.

/ disclaimer: works on PCMs for a living.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts