Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to update y'all. Hope it helps someone. Over a period of months my JKU engine would sputter, buck, or just totally stop if jeep was stopped at traffic light, etc. Never a code. After I read a bushel of posts I thought there was some similarity to others that had changed their CPS. Well, I bought a new CPS (Crankshaft Position Sensor) for $16; slid under the jeep with a 10 MM socket and a rag or two and 10 minutes later have not had one buck or unexpected engine stop since.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to report back into the community. 👍🏻👍🏻😎

Wanted to update y'all. Hope it helps someone. Over a period of months my JKU engine would sputter, buck, or just totally stop if jeep was stopped at traffic light, etc. Never a code. After I read a bushel of posts I thought there was some similarity to others that had changed their CPS. Well, I bought a new CPS (Crankshaft Position Sensor) for $16; slid under the jeep with a 10 MM socket and a rag or two and 10 minutes later have not had one buck or unexpected engine stop since.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts