1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,446 Posts
seems like yesterday.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I was home and had just sat down to breakfast and the news when the first tower was hit. I didn't move until about 3 hours later.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I remember the event. I also remember the USA before all the resulting laws were put in place for our "protection". The terrorists accomplished so much more than bringing down the towers.

·
Registered
124 Posts
There was a local shooting, and they said the victim died at 18. Her birthday was 9/11/01. I guess in my head, it doesn't seem that long ago. Really threw me when I heard that for a second. There's kids old enough to legally marry who don't remember this event. It's crazy.

I was in high school at the time. My father came and took me out of the school despite teacher's protests because he was concerned they'd drop planes on schools. Was embarrassing at the time, but ... to be fair, we'd never been through anything like that as a country. I'm glad he came that day. Watching that unfold though on TV was ... just felt like it was a dream and it wasn't real. I hear kids today mock it or scoff at it's importance and it boils my blood.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What really gets my ass chapped is that pos lady state rep Omar saying some people did something that day wtf. I actually drove up there that day to volunteer its something I'll never forget

1 - 13 of 13 Posts