Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, got my first wrangler ever and its a beautiful, awesome ride. The first thing i would like to do is add a remote start but i'm unsure how much it is or even possible. I have factory keyless entry but no remote start. Anyone have any clues around what im looking at or is an aftermarket one available that wont void my warranty? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
218 Posts
i had my dealer install one as part of my purchase deal. it's an aftermarket product. python is the brand. works well.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
You can get a kit to install the factory remote start at the dealer. Kit is about $270 if i remember right, and they need to scan it once it's done. Labor would be extra on it. Comes with 2 new keys that have the factory remote start button built in.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Hey guys, got my first wrangler ever and its a beautiful, awesome ride. The first thing i would like to do is add a remote start but i'm unsure how much it is or even possible. I have factory keyless entry but no remote start. Anyone have any clues around what im looking at or is an aftermarket one available that wont void my warranty? Thanks guys.
Your warranty is safe. Can't be voided. The new parts won't be covered, but Chrysler would have to prove that a mod was the direct cause of a problem, in order to deny you coverage on a factory part.

As far as remote start, there's the factory option, like jwilson said, or you can go aftermarket, like pattynole. Python, Viper...just about any high-end alarm company has anti-theft, remote start combos.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I appreciate the responses. Now to pull the trigger and get one to have it installed. Thinking of the factory one, to keep it looking original with the key. Would an aftermarket one have another alarm looking fob hanging off of it in addition to my keyless entry?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts