Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, bought a 2016 wrangler unlimited with remote start, lock x3 with the normal fob use to work. Out of no where, stopped working...checked countless threads and tried the fixes (close doors 100%, hood is secure, etc.) and nothing seems to work. Any ideas of what to test/try next? Winter is coming and would like this working again..frustrated that it suddenly stopped working!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No lights, nothing ( to my knowledge) has changed. Nothing open and no warnings on my dash, full tank of gas

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
I think you have an aftermarket remote start. The factory remote start has different FOBs that have the start button.

You might need to find the after market module and call the mfg. I suspect you will end up buying a new one. They are $100 or so.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey guys, bought a 2016 wrangler unlimited with remote start, lock x3 with the normal fob use to work. Out of no where, stopped working...checked countless threads and tried the fixes (close doors 100%, hood is secure, etc.) and nothing seems to work. Any ideas of what to test/try next? Winter is coming and would like this working again..frustrated that it suddenly stopped working!
The factory one has a separate button on the key that you press twice to start so it sounds like you have some sort of aftermarket remote start. Assuming you can still unlock/lock your doors its possible it got stuck in valet mode. How to get it out of that mode will depend on whats installed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do I get it out of valet? It’s aftermarket since it only has the panic, lock and unlock

·
Super Moderator
15,911 Posts
How do I get it out of valet? It’s aftermarket since it only has the panic, lock and unlock
That's a tough one since it's not a "Jeep" problem, but rather an aftermarket add-on problem.
IMO you need to find out what brand it is and contact them (or the installer).
Feel free to post back here once you've identified the brand.

Good luck :thumb:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Need to figure out what make/model you have first. If you don't mind pulling a plastic panel off the remote start module for aftermarket systems are usually behind the large panel below the steering wheel.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MPC Complete Factory Remote Activated Remote Start Kit for Jeep Wrangler 2007-2018 - Plug-n-Play - Firmware Preloaded

I’m thinking this is it based on what I could find

·
WF approved Offical Jeep Account.
1,518 Posts
Hi Wallendr,
We're sorry to hear about your recent remote start concern. If you are unable to remedy this yourself and decide to visit your dealer, please feel free to send our team a private message. We'd be happy to add assistance if needed.
Alex
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All of the functions still work (lock, unlock and panic). That is the only thing that does not work - Disconnect battery? Not sure if that would help in any way.

·
Registered
74 Posts
If it is the MPC you could try getting the instructions from MPC, usually when something goes wrong the marker lights will blink a certain number of times and the manual might help you diagnose the problem. You can also try visiting some of the independent shops that deal with remote starters, I've hit a few that will try and diagnose the problem for free.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I guess the easiest fix that I neglected (I worked backwards). Unplug it and plug it back in. Disconnected the battery for a couple minutes and plugged it back in...works like it should before. Thanks everyone

1 - 17 of 17 Posts