Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2012 Rubicon Unlimited and it has the remote start feature, but doesn't work. It starts up for 30 seconds and shuts off and says that the remote start disabled-System Fault. Anyone know how To fix this problem?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Remote Start not working.

I bought a 2012 Rubicon Unlimited and it has the remote start feature, but doesn't work. It starts up for 30 seconds and shuts off and says that the remote start disabled-System Fault. Anyone know how To fix this problem?
Sounds like your low on fuel. Did it to mine when the gas light is on, remote start will not work

·
Registered
130 Posts
He's not low on fuel because it would give this error.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Gauge Speedometer

I've had the same error message a few times and said to myself if it comes up again I'm taking it in.. haven't seen message since.
Here's the message he's talking about.
Gauge Vehicle Car Measuring instrument Speedometer

·
Registered
860 Posts
Yeah...that's a new one on me. I have seen low fuel abort on mine...and I know from the OM there are several other abort conditions, including the 15 minute timeout, but that system fault message looks like a real issue that the dealer needs to resolve.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have a 12 JKR with remote start which did the same thing but would also honk the horn and shut off. It only did this when first started (cold engine). The dealer fixed the problem. The air bag light would also come on when ever it wanted to. A pin was bent in a connector attached to the firewall. Both of these problems occured when it was new. All is fine now. Near the end of this month I will have had it for 1 year (now 3200 miles, I drive a lot! lol).

·
Registered
373 Posts
Almost 3500 miles per year? Wow, you must drive it all day every day :)
I am 72 and have been having my wife drive me around in her 08 JKRU as much as possible. We just traded the 08 for a 13 CTS Cadillac so I will probably not be driving it more next year. The dealer gave me free LOF & tire rotation for as long as I own the 12 JKR. Haven't taken it to the dealer for service yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A buddy of mine had the same problem with his 2010 Rubicon - turned out that he had a dealer installed alarm enhancement that added a shock sensor. It was this shock sensor that was causing the remote start to error out - apparently while the engine is running after a remote start, and before you open the doors with the fob, the security system is engaged. With the shock sensor installed, this situation (security system enabled and engine running) causes enough vibration to trip the shock sensor and causes the security system to disable remote start. My buddy had to have the shock sensor removed to get remote start to work properly again.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am experiencing this issue now as well. Had the dealer code the vehicle for a backup camera, and now the remote start is acting up. It will start up, but after 10 seconds, it cuts off. Any ideas? I am taking it back to the dealer in the morning and want to point the finger at them, but I wanted to cover my bases.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm having the same issue, trying to remote start after not driving for more than a day:

REM START
DISABLED -
SYS. FAULT

And it's not a simple fix like low fuel, which I have seen before with a different warning. "System fault" sounds a lot worse and it's consistent enough that I know it's only when the engine hasn't started in >24 hours. Ironically, because of this consistency the dealer will probably never be able to reproduce this problem. Nonetheless, I have an appointment tomorrow, I'll report back what they say.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I had this problem with mine and they never resolved it. The one dealer read the codes and said there was a steering angle sensor failure to init. When the sensor shuts down the engine is stopped. The steering angle sensor is (I think) for stability control. Without it, there is no anti tip.

It's hard to get a dealer to solve it when most require the error to duplicate. They ignore stored code. Be very careful connecting anything to ODBII port to debug it yourself. Chrysler *WILL* try to void your extended warranty if you have one. Chrysler. Not your dealer.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Was one of your doors ajar?

I have experienced the exact same error code a few time in the past but not in awhile. I always chalked it down to user error. Ex. Hitting the key fob buttons too many times or the door or window partially open.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue on my jku 2015 - my situation was that my engine light was on - that's the reason my remote start would start for like 5 seconds and then shut off and give me the error message " rem start disabled sys fault " Once the check engine light went away the remote start went back to working properly .

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I have had this on my 2013, but I am pretty sure it was caused by my toddler pushing the buttons on my key fob for god knows how long. Any possibility a youngster got their hands on your key?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, did you ever figure this out? I am suffering from it now.

I'm having the same issue, trying to remote start after not driving for more than a day:

REM START
DISABLED -
SYS. FAULT

And it's not a simple fix like low fuel, which I have seen before with a different warning. "System fault" sounds a lot worse and it's consistent enough that I know it's only when the engine hasn't started in >24 hours. Ironically, because of this consistency the dealer will probably never be able to reproduce this problem. Nonetheless, I have an appointment tomorrow, I'll report back what they say.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Strange. Just tried both keys that I have both did not work, neither remote start or in the ignition. Then I went back about 30-40 mins later and it started using the ignition switch and the remote start. This has been going on for a couple of weeks now. Very intermittent.

Will be taking it to the dealer as soon as we can now but any info you might have would be greatly appreciated.

REM START
DISABLED -
SYS. FAULT

1 - 20 of 21 Posts