Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have a 2013 jku sahara, just installed an am the other day inside my dash behind the glove box to run a sub I replaced the factory sub. Ever since I installed the amp my remote start has been acting up, it will start up normal, but when I try to unlock the doors or turn it off nothing will work on the remote. So the only way to get in is using the door key and the alarm will go off until I turn the ignition.

Has anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would un wire the amp and see if the remote start works normally. If it does, the amp is the issue, if it doesn't, the problem is something else.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I was having this issue also. I did the sub/amp install from the subwoofer upgrade thread too. I figured out that I can unlock the Jeep IMMEDIATELY after starting it with the remote, but if I wait a few seconds it's inop. I then have to wait for the rig to time out and shut itself down or open the door and set off the alarm.

I didn't make the connection to the amp install until I saw this thread. I guess. I'll trouble shoot that somehow, but honestly I have no idea why that would make a difference... Did you ever come up with anything?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was having this issue also. I did the sub/amp install from the subwoofer upgrade thread too. I figured out that I can unlock the Jeep IMMEDIATELY after starting it with the remote, but if I wait a few seconds it's inop. I then have to wait for the rig to time out and shut itself down or open the door and set off the alarm.

I didn't make the connection to the amp install until I saw this thread. I guess. I'll trouble shoot that somehow, but honestly I have no idea why that would make a difference... Did you ever come up with anything?
i was messing around with it the other day, i did not find an answer but the amp is def the problem. i think the reason is because i mounted it to the metal dash and the remote start module is mounted to the same metal and might be grounded idk. but it might be messing with it some how, i am no electric expert but i dont want to have to mount it somewhere else. let me know if you figure something out

·
Registered
200 Posts
I don't think that's the problem. I have it under the passenger seat and still have the problem. I actually bought a new PPI amp just to see what would happen and everything worked good for about a week.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think that's the problem. I have it under the passenger seat and still have the problem. I actually bought a new PPI amp just to see what would happen and everything worked good for about a week.
do you have any guesses to why it is doing this?

·
Registered
200 Posts
do you have any guesses to why it is doing this?
The only thing I can thank of is that the amp is sending out a frequency that is disrupting the key less entry. So after some looking I'm going to try another amp and when I get some results I'll let everyone know.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only thing I can thank of is that the amp is sending out a frequency that is disrupting the key less entry. So after some looking I'm going to try another amp and when I get some results I'll let everyone know.
yeah def keep me updated

·
Registered
200 Posts
yeah def keep me updated
OK so got my amp installed finally. It's the Rockford fosgat rf250x1. And you will also have to get the high level to low level RCA adapters. It is a little bigger then the other amp but it's not to bad. You will have to run a remote wire with this amp. With that being said I found a power wire that doesn't turn on during remote start just when the key is turned on. So unfortunately idk for a fact that the amp will not give issues for the remote start issue but if you run the remote start to a power wire like I did you will not have a problem. Hope this helps

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK so got my amp installed finally. It's the Rockford fosgat rf250x1. And you will also have to get the high level to low level RCA adapters. It is a little bigger then the other amp but it's not to bad. You will have to run a remote wire with this amp. With that being said I found a power wire that doesn't turn on during remote start just when the key is turned on. So unfortunately idk for a fact that the amp will not give issues for the remote start issue but if you run the remote start to a power wire like I did you will not have a problem. Hope this helps
i know this has been awhile, just checking up to see if its still going good, i just bought a 5 channel amp so i am getting rid of that little one. PS i have an aftermarket HU

·
Registered
200 Posts
All is well! I found out the hot wire I'm using is actually for the rear power windows so if I were to flip the switch to disable the rear windows it also cuts off the amp but I have no reason to do that so I haven't looked for another power source.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm just talking about the remote wire blue wire not the actual power wire. Sorry for the confusion.
so i recently switched out amps for a 5 channel alpine pdx-v9, which is a badass little amp, and now the remote start is working perfectly. it was definitely the amp that was the problem.

·
Registered
262 Posts
so i recently switched out amps for a 5 channel alpine pdx-v9, which is a badass little amp, and now the remote start is working perfectly. it was definitely the amp that was the problem.

Nice. Congrats! (And thanks!!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts