Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Ive had an aftermarket remote start for about 2.5yrs. its the type that uses the factory fob to start. More frequently, about once every 3-5 times i use the starter, it sets my factory alarm off and it takes 10-15 secs to silence it. this normally isnt a problem unless its 5am and your 6 month old is sleeping like this morning lol.

any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
what remote start do you have? I know with the fortin remote start, it has to be programmed to unlock the doors first, then start the jeep then re-lock the doors or it will set off the alarm.

·
Registered
248 Posts
so i am an installer and i have a 13 jku. the original install i did with a DBALL2 from Xpress Kit for my Viper the Jeep alarm did the same thing. (I've been doing remote starters for 12 years) Since the DBALL2 does a lot of commands thru data (locks, door triggers, alarm arm & disarm, tach sensing, immobilizer override...) I ran d2d (data to data) with the Viper. I even tried doing the door unlock data command prior to starting with the dball2 .. same result.

I have recently been having lots of issues with these dball modules from the power drain known problem in GM vehicles due to their passkey III needing to stay awake, to the push to start nissan's having factory alarm issues, to my Jeep... I had enough and switched to a FLCAN (rebranded audiovox version of the iDatalink ADS-ALCA) I recommend the iDatalink ADS-ALCA. Not once has the unit set the factory alarm off during remote starting in 2 years of having a different bypass module.

Get rid of the DBALL or DBALL2 they probably installed with the Avital remote starter unit.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I am having the same issue with a recent Fortin install on my 2015 JKU. Called Fortin and apparently the vendor did not properly program the unit. Luckily I can fix it by grounding a purple/white wire during set up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am having the same issue with a recent Fortin install on my 2015 JKU. Called Fortin and apparently the vendor did not properly program the unit. Luckily I can fix it by grounding a purple/white wire during set up.
I've got the same exact jeep/fortin/issue. How are you fixing this exactly? Thought about getting a flask link but if there is an easier way......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts