Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Alpine PSW-* was mounted under the passenger seat with tray purchase on eBay made to fit under the seat. When I originally had a KICKER HS-8 sub on there. it rattled the aluminum. So I lined it with Dynamat and it worked. Then pit the PSW-8 on the same try and was happy.

I saw the WRA version of this sub had mounting brackets for under the drivers seat and allowed the sub to fired downward. After searching the internet I saw PAC parts had a version of the bracket for the passenger seat.

Purchased one and it arrived fast. It came with no mounting screws to mount under the seat. Luckily I had some bolts that worked. Like so many FCA crap ("As every Jeep is different" get better tooling!!,) the bolts under the seat were no aligned perfectly with each other and the mounting holes. I had to squeeze and bend the bracket a bit to fit and after snapping off the built in nut, I got it all mounted.

It's now hidden under the seat (yes, must unbolt seat for access) and higher up then the eBay tray. Love that its hidden.

Now when I tuned on the radio, the sound was much better ad deeper. I guess the sub firing down in now reversing off the floor. Now instead of the bottom of the passenger seat bumping, the whole seat and mail back rest vibrates like a massage chair. I can even feel it on the drivers side. Also thin the dynamat took some sound away. I was able to take the gain down to just below half way point as well.

Overall very happy on how it turned out and would recommend it for any Alpine PSW-8 owners. Its lists for $85, not cheap for tow small brackets.

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
...When I originally had a KICKER HS-8 sub on there.<snip> Then pit the PSW-8 on the same try and was happy.
Thanks for posting. The Alpine and Kicker subs are my short list for adding a sub. I'm interested your thoughts on switching from Kicker to Alpine.

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for posting. The Alpine and Kicker subs are my short list for adding a sub. I'm interested your thoughts on switching from Kicker to Alpine.

Mike

To be honest, think I liked the KICKER a tiny bit. But would stay with Alpine because of mounting solution!and all my speakers and system Alpine.
Also think my KICKER 6.75 dash speakers mad better mid and lower bass.
But prefer having a separate woofer and tweeter options.

The KICKER overall was slightly larger and heavier. A little deeper bass and better sound control setup on speaker.
Like crossover, bass level and gain had markings/numbers for increments.

But the Alpine is a nice sub and cheaper.

So on a 1-5 scale. The kicker is a 5 and the alpine about a 4.25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts