Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I carry my dogs in the back of my JKU a lot but there are times when I'd like to have a option to secure things (bike helmets, shoes, tire pump, laptop while I'm biking, etc.) in the back when they aren't in there. Is anyone aware of an good option for securing the trunk area in a way that is easily removable/reinstallable? I've got underseat boxes for little things like my registration but I need an option for the bigger stuff.

I've searched a ton and see a number of trunk and/or drawer options but nothing that easily removable. I'm looking for something like the Tuffy security deck enclosure but that is held in from underneath with latches or something. It needs to be fairly light and portable so making something from wood isn't really going to work. I don't have the skills or tools to fabricate something on my own.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Search DeeZee Jeep box. I have one for my 2 door. I used some J-hooks to latch them into place using existing tie downs. I them used wing nuts to tighten them so I can easily remove the box by hand if necessary. They make one specifically for the 2 door and another, larger one for the 4 door.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Search DeeZee Jeep box. I have one for my 2 door. I used some J-hooks to latch them into place using existing tie downs. I them used wing nuts to tighten them so I can easily remove the box by hand if necessary. They make one specifically for the 2 door and another, larger one for the 4 door.
Thanks! I have a look.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I just installed the Tuffy 275-01 enclosure. It's being discontinued, but you can still get them. I got mine from Quadratec, but you might want to ask if they still have any. I believe Amazon has them still too.
The top lid slides out, and then the panel that faces the seats comes out with four hand screws. The only parts left in place are the mounting brackets, which wouldn't be in the way as the sit above the wheel wells.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just installed the Tuffy 275-01 enclosure. It's being discontinued, but you can still get them. I got mine from Quadratec, but you might want to ask if they still have any. I believe Amazon has them still too.
The top lid slides out, and then the panel that faces the seats comes out with four hand screws. The only parts left in place are the mounting brackets, which wouldn't be in the way as the sit above the wheel wells.
Quadratec does still have some of the #275-01s available!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts