Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So an annoying rattle has developed when off-roading in the b-pillar somewhere. Does anyone know how to remove the plastic trim piece - the upper one where the adjustable seat belt part attaches - without breaking it?

2014 JKUS (4 door) fyi.

TIA.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Like most trim pieces it is probably just clipped in. Open the lower access panel for the door disconnects and look for attachment points on the trim panel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys, new to this Forum, and Jeeps for that matter, an ya'll seem very helpful.. Very cool. :happyyes:
I have the reverse problem and hoped I would find the answer here... In fact I've spent hours on the site and maybe I'm not putting in the correct search words.

I need to install the B Pillar panels/trim/molding. They do indeed have the "Christmas tree" push plugs. That part is no brainer. The seat belt assembly poses the actual problem for me. You can't put it on or take it off without mitigating that piece.
Question: does anyone know of a way to dis-engage the belt from the slider so it can be slipped through the molding hole? Or do you have to undo that T-50 bolt up top and then slide in the back bracket, bolt it back up and then pop in the piece? That would be a major PITA. If nothing else that bolt is so wrenched down, I've have to use a hammer and a ratchet to get it off.... or for the first time ever in car tweaking, have to actually go out and buy a pneumatic gun to deal with it...
(don't have the guy strength).. Please tell me there is an easier way... and thanks!!

PS don't ever go to Cypress Coast Ford and buy a Jeep at night. They forgot to put in half the molding trim pieces (who notices at night) and when I went back a day later, they said Jeeps are project cars, and have fun....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts