Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tools and how to remove the front driver side seat on my 4dr 2012 Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport 4wd. Need to repair a tear in the seat

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
You need a flathead screwdriver to pop up the 4 bolt covers. Then you need a socket and a huge breaker bar or an impact to pull the 4 bolts. They are installed with locktite. Dont forget to unplug the harness under the seat. That's it!

·
Registered
191 Posts
You will also need a lot of dedication and perseverance... I know its hard enough to walk out to the jeep to look under the seat to "see" what you will need... Its going to be extra hard to attempt to pull the seat out of the jeep. Don't worry we have your back! Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
150 Posts
i removed the seat with 18mm i think socket and snap on battery powered impact gun, didnt seem to struggle much to break the bolts but the gun is a beast. it was a pita to disconnect the larger clip under the seat though. This was in a 2016 though.

I also didnt have any covers or clips to remove to get to the bolts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for help. I removed the seat and repair the seat. I also disconnected the battery before I removed the seat just to be on the safeside

1 - 6 of 6 Posts