Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am going to remove my rear track bar, and am contemplating between removing either the front sway bars or the front track bar, I hear removing one of them is not a HUGE impact on wandering. But I wonder which one has the better impact of more flex and less steering influence. As my jeep sits it is on a 2" shackle lift with sagging springs, later this week I am purchasing a 4" RC lift kit. It is a daily driver and is offroaded once a week usually, and I do not want to waste 200$ on quick disconnects or whatever the cost is.. As of now im more into removing the sway bar but seems slightly difficult as the bolts/nuts are in the way due to the steering box (driver side).. ALSO, I live in NY state and im worried that if I take off one of them that it will fail inspection... Just curious!... Let the comments and opinions commence! :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Lose both track bars and keep the sway bar with extended diconnects. Daily Driver, remember.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I say lose both track bars AND the sway bar. I daily drive mine- no wander, no death wobble, no bump stear, etc. without any of 'em and I'm sitting on 3.5" of lift and 35s. Just make sure your chassis bushings and ball joints/TREs are all tight and in good shape and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Lose them both. If you dont like how it drives you may want to put the sway bar back on. You can also make your own sway bar disconnects pretty easily.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried Removing the rear tracbar and broke one nut and the bolt is so rusted in that it almost looks welded. Can't get a breaker bar to it because the shock is in the way. And I hate cutting bolts so thats a LASTTTT resort. Getting a 4" lift next week so I guess im waiting until then to take the shocks off to get to the bolt... Not even going to use the rear track bar or front track bar equipment...

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I was running no trac bar up front, soa lift with a two in lift shackle up front.. Everything was good till I got my H1 wheels. The huge amount of weight causeing the front to wobble side to side. Replaced the shackles to stock helpped but not enough. So I'm building a trac bar next week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts