Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I took stickers off my visors but what do I take the glue off with a little help :thumb:

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
I haven't done it but perhaps goo gone, wd40, or lighter fluid to dissolve the adhesive? Not sure if those would damage the vinyl though

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tried wd-40 in the corner a little spot did not work did not what to damage the vinyl should I use more wd-40 ?

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
mongol said:
tried wd-40 in the corner a little spot did not work did not what to damage the vinyl should I use more wd-40 ?
I've had better luck with a bit of lighter fluid on a rag to be honest

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just no smoking lol

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
InvertChaos I like the color of the jeep same as mine

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dig it. The shale green changes color from an almost black, to teal, to deep green depending on the light.

I need bigger tires I have 15x33x12.5's on my truck I don't drive it' up for sale. will they fit without a lift ? low on $$ at the time trying to recycle.

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
mongol said:
I need bigger tires I have 15x33x12.5's on my truck I don't drive it' up for sale. will they fit without a lift ? low on $$ at the time trying to recycle.
Nope, not without fender modifications atleast. You need ~4" to for them comfortably off-road. I have a 2.5" suspension lift and a 1.25" body lift and clear them well with proper bumpstops.

The biggest tire you can fit stock is a 31x10.50x15

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok thanks 1st thing to buy is a lift not right now

·
Registered
59 Posts
A safer method than lighter fluid would be oxy clean. I would take them off and soak them over night in the stuff and should wipe right off in the AM.

On another note...are those wheels the Rogue by Ultra?

·
Registered
319 Posts
keeping with the origional thread, try goo gone. Works wonders!
On regards to the wheels, they look like my Granite Alloy GA9 wheels. (if they are, NICE CHOICE!! ;) )

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A safer method than lighter fluid would be oxy clean. I would take them off and soak them over night in the stuff and should wipe right off in the AM.

ok I like that better than lighter fluid and you should ask InvertChaos about the wheels

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
scottywags said:
mraybrake said:
keeping with the origional thread, try goo gone. Works wonders!
On regards to the wheels, they look like my Granite Alloy GA9 wheels. (if they are, NICE CHOICE!! ;) )
You got it ^ I took put the center cap so it looks a bit different, I gotten hit the hubs with some flat black once it warms up. The PO put em on but I like em :thumb: I would've probably picked something similar

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah, I love those wheels. Theres a guy in the other forum that has the same ones and they r sharp.
I will be getting a set with my duratracs

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Swap the visors left for right and you won't see the stickers any more.
that's a lot better you can't see the glue that much and when there down and the sun is in my eyes I won't see it at all.

·
Registered
212 Posts
i took the visors off and tried everything to get the stickers off. however i dont think mine are stickers. its like they are printed on my visors. i eventually gave up and just switched the side they were on. no more stickers. at least on my side

1 - 20 of 23 Posts