Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a brand new 2015 Sahara with the 430N + 9speaker Alpine. Sounds awesome and links up with my Windows Phone (Samsung AtivS) via Bluetooth with no problems.

What is a problem is every time the phone sends a Bluetooth SMS, reminder, or question, the UConnect software in my 430N thinks its a phone call. Everything runs smoothly until the txt message is finished, then I get this loud annoying announcement from UConnect that says "phone call complete". It happens after every txt message, and its especially annoying when I'm interacting with Cortana via Bluetooth.

If I'm using Cortana for driving instructions, after every turn or prompt it hear "PHONE CALL COMPLETE". How do I get UConnect to stop announcing this?

While I can limit the use of Cortana and ignore most txt messages while driving, I can't live without Nokia Maps/Bing Maps. I prefer to use my phone for turn by turn navigation. But after each instruction all I hear is "PHONE CALL COMPLETE". Really REALLY annoying when in city traffic and the prompts are coming quickly.

Why use my phone when the 430N supposedly can do navigation? Simple - my phone uses up to date maps (that are free) and it knows my POIs, it can search via voice way better than the 430N. While I get the 430N software is always improving, it seems so archaic compared to a smartphone. Why did I buy the 430N? I didn't get a choice, it was included when I upgraded to the 9speaker alpine at the time or ordering.

Hate to see what the software map update will cost in a year for the 430N... Nokia maps? their free. Just saying'. Dumb jeep software LOL.

SO yeah, if anyone knows how to make it stop announcing "PHONE CALL COMPLETE" after every SMS/TXT message - that would be awesome!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Using Google Maps I have not had that issue. So far the only time mine announces "Phone call Complete" is when a phone call is complete.
Connection is to a Samsung Note Edge.

·
Registered
887 Posts
This is not a Uconnect issue, actually it's not a problem either. It's actually how these phones supports the use of a virtual in BT mode. When you use the assistant anything, the phone places a simulated call to your voice mail in order for her to be used with a BT device. So while you're using them, you are actually on a phone call. Once you're done with the assistant then the phone sends a BT message to Uconnect and other BT devices that the call has ended and Uconnect gives the audible prompt that the call is completed. So it's more about understanding how the use of a virtual assistant actually works than being upset with Uconnect. When you're using an APP, you're in the BT streaming audio mode so it's a direct path and doesn't need to "make" a connection to the BT device. So there's quite a bit of difference between the two usages. Hope this helps.
I get that, make phone apps for a living. I still don't want uConnect-o announcing my phone call is complete, even if it's a phone call. Should be a setting to tell uConnect-o to shut the heck up.

·
Registered
181 Posts
It does it to me every time I receive a text message. It silences my music for about 5 seconds then says "phone call complete". Would love a way to turn this off. Almost makes the bluetooth not worth using for me instead of the cable.

·
Registered
887 Posts
It does it to me every time I receive a text message. It silences my music for about 5 seconds then says "phone call complete". Would love a way to turn this off. Almost makes the bluetooth not worth using for me instead of the cable.
Could disable text message notification on your phone?

·
Registered
65 Posts
on the uconnect you go into settings and shut off text message announcement to keep it from announcing texts. as far as the call complete issue i haven't figured that out yet.

Just press the uconnect phone button and say "settings" it will then list some stuff i believe one of the options is "sms/text announcement on/off"

worked for my windows phone

·
Registered
832 Posts
I have this on Google maps - using the 730N - annoying but no way to stop it - unrelated, anyone having issues with people not hearing you well on the handsfree mic add-on? I have it placed near the radio, and even talking a couple inches away it sounds bad.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
15 - 20 seconds? quite questionable. If it was that long, there would be a whole lot more complaints about it. I find that it's more like 3-5 seconds on my system. What you're not understanding is that there are BT messages that are sent by Uconnect and rec'd by the phone. this also takes reaction time. BT is not like a light switch where you have electricity sitting at the switch waiting to be let thru.
When you accept the call, there is a message sent to the phone to answer the call, the phone rec's the message then reacts to the command.
Lol...I'm telling you mine takes at least 15 seconds to stop talking and let me talk/allow the other person to hear me. I'm not sure "how I don't understand". I've had BT in my last 5 vehicles and none of them (other than the jeep) took this long. They all picked up and allowed me to talk in less than 5 seconds.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I wonder if the OS of the phone matters as well? My Android does not have this issue, but people with Windows and Apple are having issues it seems?

(not trying to start a OS war, just wondering if this is part of it)

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I wonder if the OS of the phone matters as well? My Android does not have this issue, but people with Windows and Apple are having issues it seems?

(not trying to start a OS war, just wondering if this is part of it)

I think it is. When I had my Altima the iPhone's had issues. The call functions worked well but no texting or pandora functions would work. Sales guys android hooked up worked perfectly though

·
Registered
33 Posts
Everyone, call Uconnect and complaint about the unnecessary "phone call complete" alert. With enough complaints they will look into doing something about it. AS OF NOW, THERE IS NO WORKAROUND TO SHUT HER UP.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Wish I had the issue of slow sms response....

my Blackberry did texting fine...
but company "Upgraded" me to an iPhone 6 and now NO text messaging on my 430N :(

·
Registered
653 Posts
Lol...I'm telling you mine takes at least 15 seconds to stop talking and let me talk/allow the other person to hear me. I'm not sure "how I don't understand". I've had BT in my last 5 vehicles and none of them (other than the jeep) took this long. They all picked up and allowed me to talk in less than 5 seconds.
I totally agree with you, its at least 15 seconds. Its so bad that I often just end up using the speakerphone on the iPhone itself.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yes. Slow to pick up, slow to disconnect. I know how to do it, stop telling me. And I know the call's completed, I said "goodbye" and pressed the button. A tone would suffice.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts