Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As posted before, I had a bit of rust that I could see on my 9 month old RockHard tubular sliders. Pulled them off today to repaint...some pics of what I found. Lots of rust coming through the powder coat. Holes in some of the welds (hate to see what the inside looks like).

Noting that my Jeep doesn't see salt, doesn't really see gravel. I haven't even been on rocks with the sliders yet. Winch plate is beginning to show the first signs of rust as well. It's 6 months old . After a few emails I did receive a refund of 100 bucks. Doesn't cover the refurb, but at this point I was ready to move along.

I see a lot of questions about their products and I've been pretty honest. No bashing...just my experience. I have no doubts that others have received flawless products.

Attachments

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's extremely disappointing.
Not the happiest day in my life for sure! Haha. I was surprised how deep some of the rust was. Not just surface rust that I could scotchpad off.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That's a bummer, at least they gave you a few bucks back. I'd spray on some rust oleum black and make them look new. It's not ideal but sliders are going to get beat up and pitted with rocks, gravel, etc. I have to spray mine with rust oleum once a year or so.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have had exactly the same problem with my Rockhard Sliders. I have cleaned and painted, so we will see how that holds up.

I sent a note to Rockhard with photos -- but no response. If I had known, unlikely I would have bought from Rockhard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts