Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not too crazy about the trim appliqué off. I'm painting rear in gunmetal plastidip now....

After and before pics.

Any feedback would be great!

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Did your appliqués not match your grille when you bought it? Did you buy it as an Oscar Mike, or did you add the decals yourself? My Oscar Mike came with the appliqués, but they were mineral grey to match the grille.

I love the mineral grey grille and rear bumper appliqué now. I replaced my front bumper, so it's gone from there. The rear appliqué keeps my front and back somewhat matching. At least till I decide I want to get a rear bumper. LOL

If you did the grille yourself and the rear appliqué is the same color, I think that'll be awesome! :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's my own take on Oscar Mike. Wasn't a fan of white, but it was CPO with all the right options I wanted.

I put the decals on, and bought a used billet silver grill. Billet is a bit lighter than mineral grey.

So I cant match the grille perfectly, unless I get it painted, along with the appliqués at a shop - all in mineral grey. But I'm going to see how close this plastidip is to my grills color; painting rear appliqué today.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Honestly, without another Oscar Mike right next to you, no one will even notice. Mike has a billet jeep and the colors aren't THAT far off only a shade or two.

Looks like you still have bright silver rims. Are you going to dip them to match, too?

:)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Honestly, without another Oscar Mike right next to you, no one will even notice. Mike has a billet jeep and the colors aren't THAT far off only a shade or two.

Looks like you still have bright silver rims. Are you going to dip them to match, too?

:)
I love the rims. Not going to paint them. Until I change my mind next week... lol

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
I love the rims. Not going to paint them. Until I change my mind next week... lol
No offense intended on the rims. I was just curious, since you were making the grill match the bumper.

I fought like :censored: with Chrysler to get the mineral grey wheels and about a week after they were put on, I swapped out for my black MBTKOs. :D

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No offense intended on the rims. I was just curious, since you were making the grill match the bumper.

I fought like :censored: with Chrysler to get the mineral grey wheels and about a week after they were put on, I swapped out for my black MBTKOs. :D
I wasn't offended! If I wanted a "true" Oscar, I would Plasti-dip the wheels and running boards.

I will post some pics after the appliques dry over night and I remount. Thx

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
Maybe I misunderstand but if you want to get rid of the silver accents on the bumpers they come off vs. Painting them
What he said .... Couple of small screws top and bottom and the appliqué just pulls off leavening a nice clean black bumper like the Sports and Rubicons ...

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
What did you use to paint it? I'm looking to do the same thing. Mine came in silver and I want them black.
I painted mine with Krylon fusion spray paint in black (from white) and finished them with Fusion clear coat. That was about 15k miles ago, and they're still looking good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts