Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.. I searched prior to posting...
I have a 9870215 smittybilt soft top and I've searched on YouTube but I can't find instructions on how to remove it. My YJ has no latches up by where the visors are... Idk where to start or what to release.... Help appreciated

·
Premium Member
7,064 Posts
Does it have bars in the back that you can pull down on to take tension out of the top? That's the first step. I almost forgot that lol

·
Registered
886 Posts
The guy who sold me the Jeep showed me how to remove mine. Its a Pavement Ends brand so its probably different.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
OEM has braces over the back tire area, up top, pull the pin a fold the brace down in the center, this will give you slack to work with. I start at the back after taking all the windows out, pull the canvas down out of the grove around the top pf the tub,just keep working your way around. has snaps over the door, and on corner of windshield, pull down over windshield also. If that don't work just ride around and find some guys and ask them to come home and take your top off. LOL

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nubby55 said:
OEM has braces over the back tire area, up top, pull the pin a fold the brace down in the center, this will give you slack to work with. I start at the back after taking all the windows out, pull the canvas down out of the grove around the top pf the tub,just keep working your way around. has snaps over the door, and on corner of windshield, pull down over windshield also. If that don't work just ride around and find some guys and ask them to come home and take your top off. LOL
Lmao

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you can't figure it out, I'm in Anaheim and I'm willing to show you how your top comes off!! (the Jeeps top) lmao

·
Registered
886 Posts
Well, if I was located anywhere near you, I would show up topless, help you, and we could be topless together. It draws more attention.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts