Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any know about removing the A/C from the belt, I have a 2003 2.4L And the A/C has never worked, so i just thought why not just take it out. But i was wondering if the heater would still work. or if there were any problems with doing it. SO what are the Pros and Cons about doing this.
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
The heater will still work

·
Registered
314 Posts
Or.... you could leave it in and covert your A/C compressor over to an on-board air pump... assuming the compressor is functional.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Go register at Autozone.com and you can go to the Repair Info and you can find out step by step on how to remove or replace the belt.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I don't think it would be any benefit to removing it. For one thing, you would have to get a different size serpentine belt which may or may not be easy. And it may be an easy fix. Check the back connectors (behind knobs). They often melt, which could be your problem. When my '99 was new, factory a/c was a $1000 option, so I wouldn't rush to remove it.

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
If you decide to remove it entirely, it'll reduce the resale value of your Jeep...as far as just removing it from the belt...you should just be able to buy a shorter belt for a Jeep Wrangler of the same year and engine with no a/c and I would think it'd work?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I don't see any reason to remove it. But If you do you will need a new belt, as someone suggested you can use it as an air compressor

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
I just got a belt for a tj without AC and bypassed the compressor, that way if i ever wanted to sell it, it's all still there. * I'll never sell it though*

1 - 8 of 8 Posts