Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm about to start redoing the interior on my yj, but the PO bedlined the interior and did a horrible job. what's the easiest way to remove it?? Any chemicals that might work? Or am I going to have to grind it down??

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
I feel for you, man.

That crap is a bear to remove. Ive never seen it done sucessfully yet. Started, but never more than that. That stuff is great in a pickup bed but, in my opinion, ruins a vehicle interior in the same way facial tattoos ruin job prospects.

We powder coat pipes with a similar type of polymer that is impervious to everthing but high heat. The only advice i have is try a heat gun and gasket scraper.

Good luck

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have any rust anywhere on the jeep, and I'm not too worried about it. Think I could drop a new carpet kit in and it still look decent? You wouldn't notice it except they tried to do the rear door, but it looks like they ran out.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I used a heat gun and putty knife to remove the old bedliner in my 94. It took sometime but I got it all out and then relined it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts