Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm sure every single one of you have this problem, but has anyone found a good way to get all the bugs off the windshield??? Cleaning it while washing the car gets MOST of them off there, but there still some on there. Any products, techniques, etc, would be appreciated!

PS - I know theres just going to be more the next time I drive, but when I clean it, I want it to be CLEAN

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
RainX on your windshield might help. Also, you can run a washer fluid with bug remover in it. My GF had done that to her truck and never seemed to have the same problem with the sticky little bastards that I do.

·
Registered
449 Posts
So, I'm sure every single one of you have this problem, but has anyone found a good way to get all the bugs off the windshield??? Cleaning it while washing the car gets MOST of them off there, but there still some on there. Any products, techniques, etc, would be appreciated! PS - I know theres just going to be more the next time I drive, but when I clean it, I want it to be CLEAN
I know what you mean and I agree. With the windshield as vertical as it is you will have a ton of bugs.

I have found that if you use Rain-X after you clean, it will be easier to clean the next few times.

I don't know what to tell you other than all I do is use my washing mitt w/ the rough side in soap and water. Scrub it good. I also rinse with a pressure washer.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I'm doing the RainX this week, and I didn't even know there was windshield washer fluid with bug cleaner... I'll have to try that out

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use a sharp NEW razor blade to clean the windshield while washing the JK. Used Rain X on ALL windows, and it make removing bugs much easier.

·
Desert Dweller
633 Posts
0000 steel wool (4 zeros). Don't believe? Search bing for "steel wool glass."

Regards,

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
Dental floss and a good stiff-bristle toothbrush.

Oh, wait, you're talking about windshield. No ideas.

·
Registered
539 Posts
You can clay your windshield and add Chemical Guys Jetseal 109. They also make a really good bug tar remover shampoo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
RainX on your windshield might help. Also, you can run a washer fluid with bug remover in it. My GF had done that to her truck and never seemed to have the same problem with the sticky little bastards that I do.
I bought some of the rain X with bug remover. It helped some but not enough.. But for $3 I thought it was worth a shot!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I use Rain X brand washer fluid. It works pretty well, as long as I don't let them dry on the windshield, they don't stay. I am planning to try the 0000 steel wool thing next time I wash though.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Bon Ami. Was your windshield like normal, then sprinkle on some Bon Ami and scrub away. It will remove bugs and the road grime film where your wipers don't swipe. If you are not familiar, it is like Comet, but less abrasive. Comet will scratch the glass, but Bon Ami won't. Just be sure to rinse it all off from your painted surfaces.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Black coffee (no sugar), use a sheet of news paper to scrub. Yes, fer-real.

We used that on aircraft windshields (p-3 orion). Worked great.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Bounce dryer sheets to remove the bugs. Then use a product called "Rejex". It will make the bugs just slide off your windshield.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I keep a box of dryer sheets in my wash bucket. Just wet it and rub the bugs away. There is no scrubbing and wipe they just come right off. I didn't believe this when someone told me to try it but it works.

·
Registered
625 Posts
No need to remove them...just cover them up with mud!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts