Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have the common air bag problem and i found out how to fix it by doing a search. my only question is how do i remove the centar dash where the radio is and all that jazz.

i have done it before on a mustange and ford ranger and you basically just pull it cause its on clips? i tried to pull this but its not moving and i feel if i pull anyharder i will brake it,

any imput would be greatly apprciated.

·
Registered
551 Posts
This depends on what year jeep you have but on my 03 there is a long plastic guard that runs the lenght of the dash thats right infront of the window. I used a flathead screwdriver along the lenght of it to remove it. There are two philip head screws at the top of the center dash, remove those and you just gently pull and pop the rest of the center dash off in one piece.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mine is a 2000 but im going to go check it right now. ill get back with you if i have any issues thaks for the immediate reply.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i just got done cleaning scraching the connections all together it looks like it took me 25 min. i would say a good five min of that was looking for a 2 inch phillips drive. but after i found it it was smooth sailing...o yeah my girlfriend called too so it was probably a 10-15 min fix. thanks so much guys your awsome.

·
Registered
551 Posts
so i just got done cleaning scraching the connections all together it looks like it took me 25 min. i would say a good five min of that was looking for a 2 inch phillips drive. but after i found it it was smooth sailing...o yeah my girlfriend called too so it was probably a 10-15 min fix. thanks so much guys your awsome.

hey not a problem, if you couldnt find a small enough screwdriver or you didnt have one that small, like me, then you could use a philips screw bit and i think is an 8mm wrench. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts