Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 JKU with power door locks. The power lock on the shotgun side doesn't work with either the switch in the door or the remote. I can put my finger on the lock rocker and toggle the switch and feel the actuator vibrate like it is trying to operate the lock. I checked the electrical connector for the door and it seems OK. I think the mechanism may need lubrication.

I want to remove the plastic panel on the door, but things look a little weird. Like there is only a screw at each end of the door handle. That doesn't seem like enough to hold that big panel on. Are there spring tabs around the edges? Do I need a special tool to remove the panel?

Thanks.

·
Registered
253 Posts
It only takes a minute to pull the interior panel from the doors. There is another panel behind it that has the power window regulator and motor attached to it so be prepared when you get to that point. There is no big, gaping hole in the door like old cars.

Here's a quick video showing where all of the screws are and how to remove to interior panel https://youtu.be/WsF7-bRu0Jw

1 - 2 of 2 Posts