Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure there's a video or forum already on this but I want to remove my flares first and want to know if it's as simple as it seems and if there's any kind of tutorial on this first?

·
Registered
162 Posts
On my 03 sport It took me about 20 minutes to get 2 screws out so I said **** it... I'll paint them on the jeep. The screw going in the fender and there a clip on the other side you have to hold while you wrench the screw out. It's a pain in the ass when you have a tire in your way but you might have Better luck taking the tires off.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Just depends on how much rust your rig has. Some people everything seems to go their way. Others not so much so. There are a number of the bolts with the rectangular plastic 'nuts' (referenced above), and also I believe three bolts that go right into the fender, these ones might just spin. YouTube it, and search it here. As others will say you can refinish on the Jeep - put notecards overlapping each other behind the flare to mask off the paint immediately behind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts