Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw earlier here some people that painted their flares and thought I take a stab.

Got the front ones off - a pain as there isn't enough room for a rachet wrench but go them done. Now stuck with the rears.

Apparently I need to remove the splash liner to get to the back of the bolts as the plastic nut on the back side is spinning as I try to loosen.

I see one fastener "retainer pin" at the front end of the splash liner but nothing else that appears to be holding the splash liner in. How do you actually remove this splash liner? Is that "pin" just pulled out and the whole unit comes out?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That might be an option but I need to get to the back side of the tail lights as well. Have light guards and a roof rack support that also need painting and sliding in newspaper won't do the job there.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I just got done doing mine. I was doing 1 every couple days after work. You need to pull those push pins you were talking about. and drop the splash liner down. Its a pain in the ass but worth it. too speed up your process on taking off/on the fenders grab a ratcheting wrench. I found one in my tool box and it worked great.

i used krylon fusion satin black and it looks factory again

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
6,805 Posts
I've found it better to pull the fender liners out. Goes much faster with them out. I pull them off cause I don't like over spray :D

·
Knows a couple things...
49,066 Posts
There are pull-pins at the rear, top-center, and front too. Warm them up with an incandescent (bulb, not fluorescent) shop light and they'll be a lot easier to work with. Heat gun works too but a shop light can be left on them and that will keep them from getting stiff which makes them hard to work with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts