Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry. Search sux using phone. How would I go about removing the side marker lights. Not the bulb but whole hoising. I have no patience and have tried once but afraid I will break or damage something. Is there a clip? Buying the clear ones but wanna know how to remove first

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank u...is there a way to remove the plastic rivets or screws without that tool? Located at the edge of fender flares

·
Registered
483 Posts
I made the tool in the video with a channel locks and a socket. Worked great for me. I guess you could just drill the plastics screws out and replace them from the dealership.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wonder if this changed much in 2015? I am installing side marker guards that I got from Quadratec. Got the rivets out no problem, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to release the clip to remove the lens housing. Afraid of snapping something.

·
Registered
312 Posts
QUOTE=BetaMini;14138673]I wonder if this changed much in 2015? I am installing side marker guards that I got from Quadratec. Got the rivets out no problem, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to release the clip to remove the lens housing. Afraid of snapping something.[/QUOTE]

Been awhile since I removed mine but reading back thru my directions in a thread the lense has a tab at tge top you have to press to release it

thread

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/how-to-changing-to-clear-marker-and-turn-signals-573145.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI - anyone know how to release the light bulb from the socket on the fender side light? Bulb died but do not know how to release the bulb. Thanks!!! Edward

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you want to take out, just cut the rivet from inside, pull the inner fender out and light will come out. I purchased a set of rivets and rivet gun from Harbor Freight which match well..Almost exact. Easy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts