Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1997 wrangler I am taking the seats out of my jeep to paint the inside. I took the rear seat out and broke two of the bolts off. On the front seats I have been spraying PB Blaster on them for a couple days to try and loosen them up. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get these bolts out and what size are the bolts if I need to get new ones? Thanks

·
Registered
327 Posts
I was not aware of any "Bolts" on the back seats, just atuds that go through the mounts but as for the front seats: 3- 13mm bolts and a t-50 torx under each seat.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I read some where that if you put some heat on the bolts with a torch then hit it with penetrating fluid while its still hot, the penetration fluid will be drawn down into the threads.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's been a while since I removed mine, but if I recall correctly, there are no bolts for the back seat. Those two bolts are for your seat belts and don't have to be removed to remove the seat.

·
Registered
327 Posts
It's been a while since I removed mine, but if I recall correctly, there are no bolts for the back seat. Those two bolts are for your seat belts and don't have to be removed to remove the seat.
Thought I was crazy til your post, there should just be two pegs that extend from the sides of the seat bottom and poke through a metal mount and they are secured by two clips

1 - 6 of 6 Posts